1. Handling of Personal Information
1. Observance of laws, regulations, and rules pertaining to the protection of personal information
The Foundation observes laws, regulations, nationally established guidelines and other rules pertaining to the handling of personal information.
2. Specifying purpose of use
When obtaining personal information, the Foundation specifies the purpose of use as much as possible.
Purposes of use for personal information
The purposes of use for personal information that the Foundation obtains are as follows.
- To perform work related to scholarships for those who create the future
- To perform work related to support and other activities pertaining to research institutions and other such entities that will contribute to the future development of civilization
- To contact and provide information to members, parties related to them, and applicants to events and other activities organized by the Foundation
- To facilitate public relations activities, and perform research needed to improve these activities
- To perform work related to human resources management
- To perform administrative processes smoothly and appropriately
When using personal information for purposes other than the above, the Foundation will clarify such purposes beforehand when obtaining the information.
4. Limitations on purposes of use
The Foundation uses personal information within the scope of the above purposes of use or the purposes clarified when obtaining the information, and only to the extent necessary for performing work. However, this shall not apply in cases such as when laws or regulations specify otherwise.
5. Limitations on providing information to third parties
The Foundation does not provide personal information to third parties without prior consent of the person to whom the information pertains, except in cases such as when laws or regulations specify otherwise.
6. Secure management of personal information
The Foundation takes the necessary security measures to protect personal information. When having employees handle personal information and when outsourcing the handling of personal information to third parties, the Foundation also performs the necessary and proper oversight of these employees and third parties.
7. Comments and consultations pertaining to personal information
The Foundation swiftly accommodates requests, comments, and consultations pertaining to the disclosure, correction, deletion, and discontinuation of use of specific personal information, after first confirming the identity of the person to whom the information pertains or performing other necessary investigations.
2. How to inquire about disclosure or correction of personal information, or other such matters
1. Procedure for notifications of purpose of use, and for disclosure, correction, and discontinuation of use of personal information and other such matters
Please use the Foundation contact form to indicate your request for notification of purpose of use, disclosure, correction, discontinuation of use, etc.
You will then receive both a request form and procedure instructions. When contacting us, be sure to indicate the following information.
- Your name
- Your e-mail address
- Type of message: “About Personal Information”
For your request, you will need the request form with all required items entered, in addition to the forms of personal identification specified by the Foundation.
When requests are submitted by representatives, documents confirming the identity of the representative are also required. Please see the procedure instructions for details. The Foundation accommodates requests after first confirming the submitted documents and the identity of the person. In the event that requests are not accommodated, the Foundation will swiftly inform the reason.
2. Service charges and payment methods
There are no service charges for notifications or disclosures of the purpose of use for personal information.
If there are any revisions to “Handling of Personal Information,” these revisions will be displayed on the Foundation website
3. Recommended browser for the site
In order to use this service comfortably, we recommend the following environment.